What if I told you that there was a way to shield your eyes from the sun while simultaneously checking notifications on your phone? A way to look like a rockstar in one of the coolest designs while showcasing some of the world’s most innovative technologies? Would you be intrigued? Well, you should be. With the electronics scene growing at an alarming rate, it’s no surprise that it’s starting to meet the fashion scene head-on. Case in point: Bose have recently released a set of smart glasses called Frames - and they partnered up with the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in the hope that music fans everywhere would turn into fans of their new product.
What are Bose AR Frames?
Let’s get one thing straight: Bose AR Frames aren’t just your average pair of sunglasses. Known as the first-of-its-kind audio augmented reality platform, they have an abundance of features to merge both the digital and physical worlds.
- The built-in Bluetooth speakers allow you to listen to music or a phone call on the go, without other people being able to hear
- There’s a microphone embedded in the right temple so you can access Siri and Google Assistant
- There’s no camera or visuals involved like with traditional AR, but you can hear a GPS-triggered audio commentary according to your current location
- You can unlock the smart features by downloading the Bose Connect app on an Apple or Android phone
- The Frames are made from nylon, weigh just 45g, and last 3.5 hours before they need recharging
- They come in two different designs: Alto (square) and Rondo (rounded)
- The lenses block 99% of harmful UVA and UVB rays
- They are sturdy and scratch-resistant
Plus, did I mention that the metal hardware is industrial chic at its finest? I’m in love!
Bose x Coachella
This year, Bose wanted to bring spatial audio to one of the biggest music festivals for everybody to enjoy.
Alongside the usual features, festival-goers could pair their Bose Frames with a special section of the app that contained exclusive audio content and festival updates, such as reminders about when their favorite artists were performing.
The idea was to allow attendees who paired their Bose Frames with the app to spend more time physically present in the moment while being able to access digital information to enhance their overall experience.
Embrace the Benefits of Bose AR Frames
There might be many benefits of having the Bose Frames in your life; however, personally, I love the fact that they provide notifications without feeling like you need to be checking your phone all the time. They’re convenient without making you feel like you’re missing out on the digital world. And you can stay present in the moment without constantly being distracted.
In fact, the sleekness of the Bose Frames design coupled with their futuristic features means that wearing the latest technology has never felt so cool.
(AD: This post was produced in partnership with Bose, but all opinions are my own.)